Our Aims are to:
To provide information, advice and guidance about the range of support available to people experiencing mental health issues by:
- Setting up support groups and one to one sessions.
- Producing publicity material including a website.
- Signposting people and supporting them to access to existing services.
- Providing training and developing workshops.
- Collecting case studies/stories/testimonies.
- Producing materials that help explain mental health issues.
- publicising some of what we achieve
- Drop in sessions led by people with experience of mental health issues.
- Supportive groups, issue-based mentoring/befriending/benefits advice through shared experience.
- A range of support methods.
To provide and promote activities, in a safe welcoming environment, that bring people together and are designed to improve their mental/physical wellbeing e.g.
- Art/craft activities which are designed to encourage free expression and develop creative skills.
- Warm up exercises, Tai Chi & relaxation sessions.
- Providing 1-1 counselling and group sessions.
- Walking for pleasure, healthy eating, gardening etc.
- Hosting social get-togethers.
- Organised day trips.
- Holding fundraising events.
- Including them in publicising and developing the service.